Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Miracles

So I just needed to tell the world the miracle I witnessed today....prepare yourself.

Redmond chose to go look out the window instead of eat his food right away. I mean....this is like finding a four-leaf clover, or a seeing a double rainbow, or winning the lottery!

I think I just witnessed a once in a life-time event here everyone.

Anywhooooo, we (I) haven't been crating Redmond at night and he's doing fantastic (and clearly he loves me best because he sleeps by my side of the bed...take that Ryan ;] )

Redmond's house manners have improved - no more counter surfing! And we are getting better at walks - once he's gone a couple blocks he settles into the swing of things, it's just getting that initial burst of excitement out!

Don't be shy about chiming in with questions or comments about Red-man! He's getting nice and used to the spoiled life while waiting for his forever home :)

7 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you had a contact so I could ask a few questions? We are looking for a new member of the family. Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When adopting from Heart of Texas, adding a new family member always starts by filling out our online adoption application (link below). Once you have completed the application and it has been approved, HOTLR will contact you about setting up a meet and greet (given that we have a dog that meets your criteria from the application)

      http://hotlabrescue.org/hotlab/application/zipcode.jsf

      If you have specific questions about Redmond comment here on his blog, that's the easiest way to get a hold of us about him. If you have questions about Heart of Texas, send me your email and I can either get you in touch with the appropriate party or you can call the hotline at 512-258-5810 and whoever is covering phones will give you a call.

      I hope this helps :) I am so happy you are considering adopting from HOT lab rescue!

      Delete
    2. No this is great! I was wondering what is his daily regimen like? I sure appreciate it. I just want to see what he is use too, what his day is like and if it is something we could easily accommodate. He is a handsome boy. We love the pictures! :) Thank you for taking such good care of him.

      Delete
    3. I made an update to avoid sending you a super long reply!! I hope this gives you some insight into a typical day for him, but if you have more questions please ask. We love Redmond and are always happy to talk about him and show him off!

      Delete
  2. Hi! It has been 11days since I had my interview and I haven't heard a word about meeting any pups. I would love to meet Red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia - have you had a phone interview yet? We have taken in a LOT of dogs this month so it's been a little crazy. Please e-mail hotlr@hotlabrescue.org if you have NOT had a phone interview and I will also contact the board about your application to see where it's at in our process.

      If you have had the phone interview we may be waiting to contact you until we have a dog meeting your requirements - Meet and Greets are every two weeks, and since we are still working on getting our facility up and running we don't have a place where you can come meet dogs outside the meet and greets just yet.

      I hope this helps you, and someone should be in contact with you in the next couple of days. Thank you for being so patient!

      Delete
    2. Cynthia - have you heard from anyone yet? Please let me know!

      Delete